Materia Medica - Important
The information that is available at or
through this site is not intended directly
or by implication to either diagnose or
treat any medical, emotional, or
psychological condition or disorder. It
is always recommended that consultation
with local health care providers be
obtained for specific health or medical
1. Taraxacum mongolicum Hand.-Mazz.; 2. Taraxacum sinicum Kitag.
Source of Earliest Record
Part Used & Method for Pharmaceutical Preparations
The whole plant is gathered in summer or autumn, cleaned in water and then dried in the sun.
Properties & Taste
Bitter, sweet and cold
Stomach and liver
1. To clear heat and release toxins; 2. To resolve dampness
Indications & Combinations
1. Boils, carbuncles and furuncles. Dandelion herb (Pugongying) is used with Viola (Zihuadiding), Wild chrysanthemum flower (Yejuhua) and Honeysuckle flower (Jinyinhua).
2. Damp-heat jaundice. Dandelion herb (Pugongying) is used with Oriental wormwood (Yinchenhao).
3. Turbid urination. Dandelion herb (Pugongying) is used with Lysimachia (Jinqiancao) and Imperata rhizome (Baimaogen).
Cautions & Contraindications
Overdosing of this herb may cause mild diarrhea.
to Materia Medica