Materia Medica - Important
The information that is available at or
through this site is not intended directly
or by implication to either diagnose or
treat any medical, emotional, or
psychological condition or disorder. It
is always recommended that consultation
with local health care providers be
obtained for specific health or medical
1. Siegesbeckia pubescens Mak.; 2. Siegesbeckia orientalis L.; 3. Siegesbeckia glabrescens Mak.
Source of Earliest Record
Part Used & Method for Pharmaceutical Preparations
The aerial parts of the herb can be gathered in summer or autumn. They are then cleaned, dried in the sun and cut into small pieces.
Properties & Taste
Bitter and cold
Liver and kidney
1. To dispel wind and dampness; 2. To clear the meridians; 3. To clear heat and release toxins
Indications & Combinations
1. Wind-damp obstruction syndrome manifested as rheumatic pain. Siegesbeckia (Xixiancao) can be used singly or with Glorybower leaf (Chouwutong) in the formula Xi Tong Wan.
2. Boils, carbuncles, furuncles, eczema and measles. The herb is used both internally and externally.
3. Hypertension. Siegesbeckia (Xixiancao) can be used singly or with Glorybower leaf (Chouwutong) and Uncaria stem (Gouteng).
Cautions & Contraindications
This herb is contraindicated in cases with deficient blood syndromes.
to Materia Medica